Only Treatment of suicide is its Prevention
There are alarming data on human suicide; about 1.5 percent population kills own selves. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death worldwide.
Astoundingly, suicide is the 2nd most common cause of death in adolescents and young adults, lagging behind only from accidental deaths. There are interesting data available on suicide, which could sensitize anyone of us, and we can get motivated to know more about its prevention and this message can be widely sprayed to the next level.
Knowing about epidemiology, risk factors, and immersing into knowledge to how to identify risks, and how to handle it before suicide grips again. As commonly, we level victim as mentally week, and coward, in reality multiple factors play intricate role before suicide to happens. Our own DNA, our genetics contribute more than 50 percent a causative factor.
Woman attempt suicide 3.5 percent more than male, but completed suicides are 4percent more in male. Metal disorders, depression, schizophrenia, alcoholism, eating disorders, substance abuse all collectively counts for up to 80 percent of suicide or suicide attempt.
Personality disorders (check your personality type and screening for personality disorders in this web site only). Borderline personality disorders have 5% risk of complete suicide through out lifetime.
Let us catch two interesting effects which contribute or negative suicide tendencies
- Werther Effect: A spike of emulation suicides after a widely publicized suicide is known as the Werther effect, The publicized suicide serves as a trigger, in the absence of protective factors, for the next suicide by a susceptible or suggestible person.
- Patagonia effect: The Papageno effect is named after a character in Mozart’s opera “The Magic Flute”, wherein the character loses his love and plans his suicide. Three boys who remind him that there are alternatives to dying prevent his attempt at the last minute.
Contrast to common belief that more we talk about suicide, more vulnerable we becomes for such thoughts.
But in reality if media, and newsletter shows their ethic, and refrain from TRp values, there are always chances that this would have positive effect on suicide prevention
Various hot lines are available 24/7 to help in crisis, but showed minimal positive results.
- Teenagers going through competitive drive for their career and relationship instability had 10 fold more chances to indulge in thoughts of ending their lives.
- I am again focusing on certain personality types and certain personality disorders that are more prove to deliberate self-harm. Henceforth, don’t hesitate to know your personality, and get aware of dealing with the immersion of stress and learn how to do surfing with stress.
- Follow oshoclinicpanchkula.com and assess your personality last, summing up
- Don’t hesitate to discuss suicide and mental disorders.
- Carefully assess your family history of suicide and mental disorders at least in 2-3 generation backward
- Relationship disturbances can be solved effectively by enrolling yourself to com
- “It is perfectly ok not be ok sometimes”